Clients of all sizes belief Home windows Server to run their enterprise and mission-critical workloads. With the launch of Home windows Server 2022, we’ve added new capabilities that deliver the very best of Home windows Server and Azure collectively. Whether or not you’re migrating to the cloud, modernizing purposes, or managing a hybrid surroundings, you’ll be able to reap the benefits of distinctive improvements similar to Azure Automanage, Azure Arc for Servers, and Home windows Admin Heart in Azure.
At the moment, we’re asserting new updates to Azure Automanage machine finest practices and Azure Automanage for Home windows Server that permit IT admins and DevOps professionals to simplify and optimize IT administration with automated operations.
Azure Automanage machine finest practices
Azure Automanage machine finest practices is a singular functionality on Azure that lets you optimize IT administration with automated operations. It simplifies the steps to find, onboard, and configure sure providers in Azure that might profit your digital machines.
- Customized configuration profiles: Customized configuration profiles in each Home windows Server and Linux digital machines is now out there in preview. This new functionality lets you choose the Azure providers, together with Azure Backup, Azure Safety Heart, and Azure Monitor to call a couple of—that suit your distinctive wants.
- Assist for Azure Arc-enabled servers: The mixing with Azure Arc lets you automate frequent, time-consuming administration duties for Azure and on-premises workloads by making use of the Automanage service to your on-premises Home windows Server and Linux digital machines. With Azure Arc, you’ll be able to see your Azure and non-Azure servers side-by-side within the Azure portal with Azure Arc—now out there in preview.
Azure Automanage for Home windows Server
Together with serving to automate duties, Automanage for Home windows Server can even allow differentiated innovation on your digital machines on Azure.
- Hotpatch: With many organizations transferring to a zero-trust safety mannequin, now you can deploy safety updates with out having to reboot your Home windows Server digital machine. Hotpatching reduces the necessity to schedule safety updates as a result of you’ll be able to deploy updates as quickly as they turn into out there.
- Securely entry file servers: One other problem has been securely accessing file servers remotely over an untrusted community and and not using a VPN whenever you’re on a cell machine or working remotely. Now, typically out there—SMB over QUIC. SMB over QUIC introduces an alternative choice to the TCP community transport, offering safe, dependable connectivity to edge file servers over untrusted networks just like the web.
- Protect on-premises IP addresses: Lastly, whenever you migrate to Azure, there are some digital machines that can’t change their IP tackle. Now typically out there is an prolonged community for Azure, which lets you migrate Home windows Server workloads to Azure whereas preserving the unique IP tackle.
For purchasers who’ve moved Home windows Server to Azure, you’ll be able to reap the benefits of Azure Hybrid Profit and free Prolonged Safety Updates solely on Azure. To get began with planning Home windows Server 2012 and 2012 finish of help, please learn our end-of-support weblog for added steerage, you can even consult with our Prolonged Safety Updates continuously requested questions.
Observe alongside at Microsoft Ignite
Watch our classes on Azure Automanage and Home windows Admin Heart:
Get began with Azure Automanage and Home windows Server 2022
Azure Automanage has some new capabilities:
Home windows Server 2022 features a broad set of capabilities—listed here are prime methods to get began: